So…the BIG question everyone wants to know from Marketing Directors, CTO/CIO’s and all the way up to the CEO and Owners. What is this going to cost me? Why so much? What do I actually get for my money? We will seek to answer these huge questions here and show proof that you an measure ROI and let your website be a resource and not an expense. Studies show that 93% of companies using inbound marketing, increase lead generation within the first 7 months when done by a company that knows all the important elements and do it with high-class high-quality care. Below we’ll walk you through the data models and studies and there results. See if by the end of this post, you think your website expense is very much needed or just still an expense on the books.
TRAFFIC = ROI
1. 92.34% of companies using inbound marketing, which mostly includes your web site, increase their web traffic. These are real world results.
2. 85% of companies using inbound marketing increase traffic within 7 months. Everyone knows or should know that any marketing takes time, patience and persistence to start seeing results. Nevertheless we see increases far sooner than the typical results you see. This is incredible for ROI because traffic translates into just not leads and sales but into awareness.
3. Bloggin rules as the #1 method for increasing traffic with SEO a close #2. As of 2013 SEO fell from the number one spot but this is more than likely due to SEO depending largely today around blogging to keep content fresh and unique. Blogging and SEO are huge for ROI but fail without a high-quality website to engage the new traffic.
LEADS = ROI
4. 92.7% of companies using an amazing web site, increase lead generation. With increase in traffic there is a greater increase in leads. 38.7% increase their leads more than 100%
5. 83.9% of companies using inbound marketing with a great web site increase leads within 7 months. Most companies need and demand fast results from their investments. All but 1.79% of companies saw results within their first 12 months.
6. “Other” inbound marketing techniques, such as specialized landing pages and call to action pages, rule as #1 for increasing leads. Bottom line, a great web site is KING for increasing leads. Blogging comes in #2. As we move from increased traffic to leads, we find that a great quality website reigns supreme to drive leads with blogging continuing to be a powerful tool, coming in second.
SALES = ROI
7. 42.2% of companies using inbound marketing, which includes a well designed website, increased conversion rate. Bottom line, increased number of leads converting to sales. Most people are attracted to well done inbound marketing that is consistently branded. It builds trustworthy and reliable impressions.
8. 49.7% of companies using inbound marketing, which includes an amazing quality website, increase sales within 7 months. That’s right! Fast results make it worth every penny. The bottom line, companies that use us start seeing increased sales and put real dollars in their pockets, converting traffic to leads to sales brings cash-flow. 63.24% started to see increased sales within the first 12 months. Amazing!!
9. “Other” inbound marketing techniques, specificially your website, are the number one reason marketers attribute to increased sales with better lead intelligence not far behind. Traffic, Leads, and Sales are crucial to a great web site and inbound marketing around it. #1 is a great amazing website designed to look like you are 100x bigger than you are which gives you great ROI as you can see.
I hope this helps clarify and answer one of the most common questions and concerns I get from companies… ROI. When trying to help companies see the importance of a great website and the cost involved is actually an investment, this is why. Many of my web design friends out there in the world struggle with this on a daily basis so I set out to study about it and show proof that you can measure and see R.O.I. (Return on Invenstment) within the first 7 months on average if done right.
The results presented here are a combination of sources but most of the chart data comes from a study based on 5,048 HubSpot customers and surveys from 236 knowledgeable professionals about their company’s marketing strategy. A lot of the information here is an analysis created in collaboration with HubSpot and MIT on ROI and Inbound Marketing which highly relies on ROI and High-Quality Website.